June 29, 2011

And then there was the wedding.

Tim's supervisor asked me to do her wedding cupcake/cake, which I was really excited to do. This also meant we got to go to the ceremony, which, as a first for the girls, was a little nerve-racking for me. How to control children during an outdoor wedding ceremony when there is a squawking peacock running lose...? *sigh*

Despite the peacock, the ceremony was really nice. Then we had a delicious buffet dinner. Apparently, my almost-one-year-old has not picked up much on table manners.



And despite Brooklyn's refusal to smile or say hi to any one of Tim's co-workers/superiors, she had no problem posing for the camera.





And the cake! I was terrified what driving for 2 hours in the heat might do to my already-frosted cupcakes. But heroic Tim saved the day again and turned our trunk into a cooler for the huge cupcake boxes. They made the drive just fine, with no puddles of buttercream to be found. I had to attach the ribbon, and all of the roses on site, and found the only place to do it was in the cooling room where the wine was kept. This was all good and fine, but there was no table to be found. So I squatted (maybe this is where Lydia's manners come from...) in my skirt on the cement floor and tried to finish the cake. Agh, can you say stressful?! It's a miracle it turned out like it did! And the cupcakes were delicious, even if I do say so myself. Three choices: 1.white cake with chocolate mousse filling, 2.chocolate cake with vanilla creme filling, 3. red velvet with cream cheese filling. All topped with fondant roses and edible pearls. YUMM



4 comments:

emuli said...

looks so yummy and sophisticated. you do such good work. and someday, you'll charge by the stress, right? the more stressful to accomplish the project, the higher the number on that final bill? just kidding...
but you're doing a great job delivering for peoples' big occasions. i'm proud of you!

Josh said...

I have loved reading the updates on your family. Amber you are so stinking talented!! I wish I could have you create a cake a month just for me so I can devour the deliciousness and see all of your creativity.

PS check back on my bog in a couple of days and you'll see what I looked like after staying a day in the hospital and worrying about Michael all the while trying to convince my doctor that I felt great so he should release me. NOT PRETTY!! But thanks for the earlier comment.

Josh said...

PS this isn't Josh (creepy) it's me Callie

Jennie said...

The cake and cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!!