November 17, 2008

!!!Reader Discretion Advised!!!


SO yesterday we had quite the experience.
(Before I tell this story, let me prelude with the information that Brooklyn needs to be wearing size 3 diapers now. She wears 3's to bed, but since we still have a package of 2's to use, we've been trying to go through them during the day. The diaper size discrepancy can be-- no IS-- an issue when there are large quantities filling the diaper.)

With that said, I can continue. After church, Brooklyn was sitting in her swing when Tim announced that he was pretty sure she had just created another poopy diaper. I told him that I would go change her, which he was fine with-- but he did remind me that maybe we should wait a few minutes to make sure she was finished first. I agreed, and a few minutes later he started getting her out of her swing-- only to see that the whole back of her outfit was no longer pink, but a greenish brown. He carried her into her room (this kind of situation is best taken care of with 4 hands when possible) where I began unsnapping the buttons at the bottom of her outfit. She was wearing a one-piece jumper type thing, so the best way to get it off (so I thought) was over her head. I began to try to manuever the outfit over her head, when we realized that this diaper was more than we realized. Typically we just end up using LOTS and LOTS of wipes when this kind of thing happens, but many people have talked about just putting the baby into the bath tub, so that's what we decided to try. We put her into the bathtub (the guest bathtub, because of course that is not something we want in our bathroom. sorry guests! :) and immediately chunks started falling into the tub (I said "READER DISCRETION ADVISED"-- not my fault you're sick now). We hadn't put the plug into the tub, so the water was slowly filling it up, but draining as well. I managed to pull Brooklyn's outfit completely off, but not without sliming her whole back... and head. I threw the outfit to the back of the tub, went to run another bath for a real bath for her (because I had just totally slimed her. Studies show that children exposed to large quantities of poop near their mouths generally get sick-- thus, the real bath). Meanwhile, Tim laid Brooklyn down in the 1 inch of water in the tub and began sliding her around in the tub, in an effort to clean off her back without touching the poop. This worked well, but then the tub was completely slimed. He somehow managed to clean her up pretty well, and then transferred her to the other bathtub. He gave her a good bath while I chloroxed the whole guest bathroom... and VOILA! She was clean.

There's the story, now I have to mention my thoughts during this whole process. My first thought was, "How could a little girl that looked so cute today in her church outfit, have created such a monster of a mess?" Then I thought (and don't take this offensively anyone), "No, how could a little girl that goes to church, make this monster of a mess?!"

Anyways, everything is good now. The bathrooms are cleaned, the baby is cleaned, and we are almost done with the size 2 diapers!!!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Ugh ugh ugh what a nightmare. We too have had a few of those, and it ruins my day/week/life. Okay, maybe not my life, but it sure feels like it at the time! So glad your hubby was there to help.

Justin and Coralie said...

SO FUN huh?! Well I'm glad your baby is sweet and clean again :)

emuli said...

haha. thanks so much for sharing that wonderful adventure with the world wide web! awesome. brooklyn, you made my day!

Mical and Diana said...

My favorite part of the story: "Tim laid Brooklyn down in the 1 inch of water in the tub and began sliding her around in the tub, in an effort to clean off her back without touching the poop." Classic! Sounds just like me. I guess Dads just have a special way of dealing with these kinds of situations.

Mandy said...

We're curious if she will ever wear that outfit again... mmmmmm. We had a very good laugh! Thanks. :)