February 17, 2009

It's time for baby-proofing

Last Monday Brooklyn made a few attempts at crawling at lunch group, but when I came home later and told Tim, he wasn't sure he wanted to believe me without some hard proof.

The next night the Bishop and his wife babysat Brooklyn for us, and they also reported that she had crawled. Still, Tim was not a believer.

But the next day, February 11, 2009 is a day that will go down in history as the day Brooklyn showed us she could crawl. We had been waiting for this moment for so long, and it was very exciting to finally see her move more than just her typical rolling around on the floor.

Today, six days later, I'm not sure why I wanted her to learn to crawl. It seems that with crawling, she also learned how to whine and cry (to be picked up especially). I tried filling out some paperwork on the floor a few days ago, but no matter where I went, she was there, trying to help me fill it out. The floor is no longer sacred. Now, if I stop moving around a room and give her enough time to get over to me, she begins pulling at my pants and trying to get me to pick her up-- which, after enough whining, of course I do. Don't get me wrong, we're very excited to have her crawling, but thank goodness it didn't happen sooner!

Here is the first video of Brooklyn crawling-- taken the first day she crawled for both Tim and I at home. Since, she has increased her speed, accuracy (in direction), and endurance x25 (atleast). ...well, the first video will be attached sometime, just not tonight. something's going crazy with this... soon to be attached!

3 comments:

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

Go Brooklyn Go!!! Now she's never going to stop.

Brittany said...

That is so fun! I totally agree with you though, you encourage them and want them to learn new things, and once they do you are going "what did we just get into?" Wait until she can outrun you!

The Kelsey's said...

Wow! I am so jealous. Hayden is so not interested in crawling at all. She is getting so big!