Brooklyn and I were lucky enough to be able to go to Georgia AGAIN! Thanks to Grandpa Heaton for using his frequent flyer miles to get us there. Actually, it was a whirlwind of a trip, and very unexpected. Tim was going to Phoenix for some job interviews/testing for a week, and my mom and I had thrown around the idea of Brooklyn and I going to Georgia for the week because there was a great deal on tickets out of Phoenix. I was too slow making a decision and the deal disappeared, but my mom and dad decided to fly us out using the frequent flyer miles anways.
For those of you who don't know, I am a planner-- a serious planner, and I like to know my "plan" for weeks in advance. So when my parents asked if I wanted to come visit, less than a week before I would be visiting, it threw me off a little bit. I knew I had nothing to do, but oh the anxiety of knowing I would be traveling in less than a week!
Well, obviously I got over that, and we bought the tickets! Yay! Tim, Brooklyn, and I drove to Phoenix on Sunday (a very long car ride) and Brooklyn and I stayed with Tim until Tuesday when we flew out.
We had another great trip to Georgia and loved seeing so much family and so many friends. Brooklyn got used to her Heaton grandparents much faster than last time and especially loved playing ball with Grandma, being thrown in the air by Grandpa, eating oreos for the first time, playing with her silly Aunt Anna, and having her Uncle Matthew put her to sleep. I learned that she is terrified of cats, likes to play in a dirty dishwasher, and can in fact, make it through 3 hours of church without being taken out.
We are so grateful that we were able to visit (even though I believe Brooklyn is going through Grandma and Grandpa withdrawals now). The weather was perfect and we left just in time (just as it was getting hot and humid again), but we hope we get to visit again later this summer or fall.
P.S. In case you were wondering-- Tim did amazing at his interviews and was called back for all of the required testing, and was then given a conditional job offer. We are hopeful that he will be accepted for the position, but don't want to get our hopes up just yet. We will find out for sure if he gets the job by the beginning of April, and I will let you know!
3 comments:
Hi! So if he gets the job will you move to Phoenix?? Your GA trip sounded like fun! Sorry if you check my blog and it's never updated! I just haven't felt like blogging when I have free time. I'd so much rather be reading or outside, etc. Oh well! We still need to get together some time. Just call me and we can make a PLAN! (I like plans too, my husband is too sporadic to make that happen though :D )
You think Brooklyn is having grandma and grandpa withdrawals? You should see us!!
That's so fun you got to go home, family is the best. Good luck with the job.
Post a Comment