November 6, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I don't know how I could have possibly forgotten to blog about Halloween this year! Our community had a Halloween carnival the day before Halloween that we decided to do a booth for, so we picked the fishing pond. We dressed up the girls to go to the Carnival; Brooklyn was a bumblebee and Lydia was a cow.



I had high hopes that Brooklyn would win/collect enough goodies to sustain the family for the next two months until Christmas... but those hopes were dashed as soon as we walked in the door and she started crying hysterically. Oh yeah... I forgot to "prepare" her for other people wearing costumes. She saw a little boy dressed up like Spiderman and decided she would be staying behind the fishing booth the entire night. I was pretty bummed about that. I have no doubt she and Lydia would have won lots of stuff. Granted, we needed both Tim and myself to run the fishing pond. But still. All the work getting into the costumes for nothing?!

At least the fishing pond was a success. We had customers non-stop all night, and we actually made quite a bit of money, even after paying for the toys and treats. I just didn't want to come out negative in the end, so I was pleasantly surprised!


I also donated a cake for the cake walk:


All in all it was a good time. We opted out of trick or treating on Sunday, but Brooklyn had no clue, so we're good.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Holy cow. That cake is A-FREAKIN-MAZING!

And the girls look adorable!

Justin and Coralie said...

The girls are so cute in their costumes and your cake is amazing!