
I am astounded at how much it costs to have anything done relating to healthcare. I was looking back over my insurance charge summaries for Lydia's birth and for the recent gallbladder episode. Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks the charges are RIDICULOUS...
Lydia's Birth
8400.00
+200.00
+4272.51
+7844.69
+2914.00
__________
$23,631.20
Gallbladder (they totaled this one up for me. how nice):
$38,506.50
I mean, really. Really? And these numbers don't even include the charges for pre and post follow-up visits, which are several hundred more for each visit. These are strictly hospital charges.
...
I just don't understand. Did I pay for everyone else staying in the hospital for the entirety of the same month I was there?
With that said...
Dear State of Arizona,
I am very irritated at how little you pay your employees, especially those that are in law enforcement. I complain about you regularly because of this. ...and I'm not sorry for the complaints.
HOWEVER, I am extremely grateful for the benefits and insurance coverage you offer. We have needed it, and have taken advantage of it this year. Also, thank you for a job.
P.S. If your premiums went up, you can thank me.
P.P.S. I think we need to re-think the healthcare system.
P.P.P.S. You know I'm not done having kids yet, right?
8400.00
+200.00
+4272.51
+7844.69
+2914.00
__________
$23,631.20
Gallbladder (they totaled this one up for me. how nice):
$38,506.50
I mean, really. Really? And these numbers don't even include the charges for pre and post follow-up visits, which are several hundred more for each visit. These are strictly hospital charges.
...
I just don't understand. Did I pay for everyone else staying in the hospital for the entirety of the same month I was there?
With that said...
Dear State of Arizona,
I am very irritated at how little you pay your employees, especially those that are in law enforcement. I complain about you regularly because of this. ...and I'm not sorry for the complaints.
HOWEVER, I am extremely grateful for the benefits and insurance coverage you offer. We have needed it, and have taken advantage of it this year. Also, thank you for a job.
P.S. If your premiums went up, you can thank me.
P.P.S. I think we need to re-think the healthcare system.
P.P.P.S. You know I'm not done having kids yet, right?
1 comment:
HAHA!!
I sure love you, Amber. And we only lived in the same ward for such a short time. Ever considered moving to Nevada? I heart your blog, and I wish we'd gotten to hang out more when we all lived in Cedar. Thatisall.
Post a Comment