December 9, 2011

Visiting GA

Watch out, there are a ton of pictures on this post... but what a trip!

A few days after the funeral, I had tickets to go visit everyone in Georgia.  The luckiest thing about all of this was that my mom was able to drive back home with us, and fly with the girls and I back to Georgia.  Because let me tell you-- there is nothing more nerve-racking than thinking about, and actually going through the whole airport/flying process with two little kids.  Talk about stress-inducer.

The weather was great while we were there and we got to do tons of fun things!  We went to the aquarium one day, which the girls loved.  Well, Lydia loved the most, again.  She squealed every time we saw a new display.  It took Brooklyn a while to realize she wouldn't actually fall IN the water if she touched the glass.  But if you haven't been to the GA Aquarium and you get a chance to go, you definitely should.  It's amazing.

 

 


 And of course, we spent lots of time at parks...  including Grandma's own water table "park."




Making crafty pinecones with Grandma



Fun at the bounce-a-rama!
 
Dress-up in Grandma's basement!  Because it doesn't get better than being a princess, and looking like one, all day!
 

 Going to the game-ranch for the first time!  LOVED it!

 

 This trip was extra awesome because we also got to go up to the mountains with cousins, aunts and uncles, and great-grandparents for the weekend of the Apple Festival.  We shot apple-canons, saw lots of animals at the petting zoo, and got to pick our own delicious apples.  YUM
 
 

It was my favorite trip with the girls so far.  We missed Daddy, but we had a blast!

3 comments:

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

I loved your post. Lydia is getting so big, she is not a baby anymore! It looked like a lot of fun. Hope your Christmas is fun too.

Mandy said...

One of these days we'll make it there at the same time. I love all of your pictures! Andrew wishes he could be a princess in the basement, everyday too!!!

Brittany said...

I can't believe how big your girls are!! They are just beautiful! I hope you guys are doing good!