True to my word on my blog about making sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, I finally found a cake decorating class. Armed with my kit and book for Course 1, and after convincing friends and family to join with me, I went to the first class. I soon found out that it wasn't going to be as inexpensive as I was told by the employees at the store... in fact, I ended up returning the basic kit and buying the tool caddy of all tool caddies, PLUS a bunch of other "necessities." This is apparently, a VERY expensive hobby. Tim was very supportive as always and pushed me to get everything I would need-- so I did. :)
I just wanted to show my skills, that's why I'm blogging about it. Though they are amateur skills, they are skills nonetheless! I know they're not much, but for now, they're all I've got!
I need to get a copy of the picture of my cake from the first week... so I will put that on later. But here are my cakes from my second and third week, as well as a picture of Tana's cake from week 3. Rashann-- your pictures are soon to be posted too!
Tonight I start Course 2. Wish me luck!
This was supposed to have clowns on it, but I needed to make a cake for Tim's graduation party...
My first time making roses!
Tana's first cake with roses
1 comment:
I love them! Your cakes are beautiful! I hope you're having fun. Miss you!
Post a Comment