
Ever wonder why little kids-- and I mean really little kids-- seem to be scared of the dark? For the most part, I don't think it's because we expose them to horribly scary movies, music, or ideas right? Is being scared of the dark a "learned" behavior? I've been thinking about this alot for the past few weeks. It's amazing to me that Brooklyn will wake up when it's dark and be shreaking like she's afraid.
I don't know... maybe it comes back to the fact that we are drawn to light.
Here's another idea.
You know how you sneak back into your kids rooms at night to check on them before you go to bed? You know how sometimes they stir, and even wake up while you clumsily stumble around in the dark? And you know how you dive out the door when you realize that they are awake/waking up and have seen you?
Yup, that's where the fear of monsters in the dark comes from! It's you-- the parent, the MONSTER.
1 comment:
I think you're right! This was an eye opener. If Kass starts to have nightmares I will know it was because of me.
Post a Comment