November 12, 2010

"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf...?"

Remember that post about the calm before the storm? I guess I forgot to knock on wood when I wrote that. Well, the big bad wolf came. And he brought relatives!


In order of arrival on Monday, November 9, 2010:

SISTER BAD WOLF, 7am-- Lydia is projectile vomitting. Change of clothes 3 times before leaving the house at 8am. Continued vomitting all day.

FATHER BAD WOLF, 11am-- My gallbladder is coming out in the next month

BIG BAD WOLF, 6:30pm-- I start a load in the washing machine with the vomitty clothing and flood the house.

BROTHER BAD WOLF, 8:30pm-- I pull a borrowed fan out of the back of the truck, the cord gets stuck and then pops into my lip, cutting it open.

MOTHER BAD WOLF, 9pm-- We borrow a shop vac from the Bishop to start the cleanup at 8:30pm and soon flood the motor and break it.

GRANDPA BAD WOLF, 11:30pm, We borrow a carpet cleaner from another friend around 9:30pm, get things about as dry as we can, and break the carpet cleaner.


In all fairness, I was imagining a much meaner big bad wolf (knock on wood), so it really wasn't as awful of a day as I just made it sound. Just... interesting. More details on a few of the above-mentioned relatives soon.

4 comments:

Callie said...

You poor thing!! Hopefully things have calmed down. If you need to escape you know where I live.

Justin and Coralie said...

I'm so sorry! And P.S. - my washer just flooded the house YESTERDAY too. So fun.

Mical and Diana said...

This is exactly why wolves need to be taken off the endangered species list. You should talk to your husband about that one.

emuli said...

oh my!!! What a day! I wouldn't want to get up on Tuesday if I had a Monday like that!!! Hang in there, and things will dry out before long. How did Brooklyn handle it all?

Amber, you're my hero!