September 29, 2011

The Food-Vacuum

Do you ever pick up a handful of chips, cookies, crackers, etc., or in my case today, pretzels, pop them into your mouth and THEN realize that half of them are soggy because they've already been sucked on by one of your kids?

Yeah.

But isn't it sometimes easier to just eat what's left, rather than find a garbage can for it? Yes, I do realize how disgusting that is. I'm just being honest. Most of the time the food hasn't already been sucked on yet. In fact, it hasn't been touched. Because let's face it, my kids are really only interested in food that is seeped in cheese, chocolate, or, syrup.

But there are the few times it has already been tried (ie: sucked on) and then denied. And those are the times I realize I maybe shouldn't be the food-vacuum at my house.

Just a thought for the day. My thoughts, actually. Because that soggy handful of pretzels? I just swallowed them.

2 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Oh I love this! I have totally done this...multiple times. You think I'd learn. I also eat half eaten chicken nuggets off the kids plates because it's easier than taking 2 steps over to the trash can. Eh. It's the glamorous life of a mother.

emuli said...

Amber, your honest experiences rock my world. I haven't done this much, but let's be honest, it's because my kid won't eat. I'm confident I will join you in this before long, though...