And last but certainly not least, the point of the entire trip-- the
wedding!
This was the crowning moment, but was not without it's
companion wedding-ish activities. We went to a great bridal shower for
Camille, were able to be at the temple with her when she received her
endowments, had a fun family dinner, and then finally finished things
off with a wonderful sealing in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
The
girls were super excited to get to be princesses for the day again!
And they spent much of their time outside the temple inspecting the
flowers.
Lydia
actually did a little more than look at the flowers. I hate to admit
it, but she was culprit that filled each flower with dirt. But
honestly, they did look like bowls waiting to be filled. And who better
to do the filling than Lydia?!
After
all of the beautiful-ness at the temple, and lots of pictures, we
headed back to relax for the afternoon before the reception. With a few
kinks in the mix (such as the bride and groom's car breaking down), we
got through the afternoon and ready for the reception. I'm not sure
what company Camille's mom hired, but they transformed the gym. It was
amazing. In fact, props to Camille's mom, who other than being so
sweet, managed to plan an amazing wedding in a completely different
state!
But without any further ado, here is the cake I
spent the week creating. Not perfect, but the biggest one I've done to
date, and I was very happy with the results, particularly because I
made it all far from home. Thanks to Camille and Christopher for
trusting me :)
We had a great time at the reception. Good food, great company, and the girls couldn't get enough of the dancing!
We're just excited for Christopher and Camille. And we're very happy to have Camille as part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment