October 28, 2008

It's Pumpkin Time!

We carved our pumpkins last night! We drove around to every store in Cedar to find the biggest ones, and eventually made our way BACK to Walmart because their pumpkins were only $2 each, regardless of size. We weren't sure the ones we picked would be big enough to fit Brooklyn in them (this was our goal), but we got the biggest we could find. While Tim gutted the pumpkins, Brooklyn had some more rice cereal in her new chair that we finally broke down and bought. I think the chair will definitely be a good investment. Since she loves looking at herself in the mirror so much, now she can sit on the counter without me having to hold her there, and I can get ready at the same time!
Anyways, back to the pumpkins... they were gutted pretty fast-- Tim used an icecream scooper to clean them out and it didn't take long at all. Then we just had to convince Brooklyn that sitting in a pumpkin was fun. She actually didn't mind it, until we tried to get her to sit down. It was a little too small for her, so we ended up cutting leg holes. We thought it was super cute, but I'm not sure she enjoyed it as much as we did. Finally, we carved our pumpkins. I did a simple face and Tim went for a much more complicated witch design. Both turned out pretty nice, and it didn't even take all night!










1 comment:

Britta said...

I absolutely LOVE the pictures of her in the pumpkin! How adorable! She is so cute. Glad to know you guys are doing well. ;)