First things first. A few weeks ago we began a Shurtliff-slim off competition. Honestly, I wish I had been the one to think up this idea because then we could have started it when I REALLY started losing weight: June 15. We would have won, I'm sure of it. But, since I'm on the downhill slide of losing my weight, it's still a great motivation. We're all paired up (Tim is my partner) and the weight loss is calculated by percentage of your body weight. It's a great idea really. If you want to see the progress, there's a link on this page to the Shurtliff Slim-off Blog.
Anyways, I began by just walking about 2 miles every morning with Brooklyn. I seemed to plateau about 10 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, so I decided I needed something else. That's when I asked Tim to start running with me in the evenings. He's horribly mean when we run, but, since I asked him to be that way to push me, I suppose I can't complain. :) I think my top distance so far is about 1.5 miles running before I have to walk for a bit before I can run again. Who knew 2 miles could be so enormously long?! I thought I would walk every morning and then run with Tim 3 times a week, alternating days with strength training... but let's be real, how much strength training will I do with the TV on in front of me? Ok, I can tell you-- not much. So much for that thought. Now we've decided to continue the running and walking, but we're also working on portion control. Ugh. See, when I like something that I'm eating, I don't want to stop until I'm full. Don't you think you should just enjoy it?! Apparently not if you're trying to lose weight. I'm beginning to get used to the idea of being satisfied rather than full. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just getting used to being less than content after I eat. Blah, that is no way to enjoy one of the greatest things ever, but oh well.
Brooklyn is my training partner, but she's not super great at motivating me unless she starts screaming while she's in the stroller. THAT kicks me into gear. But most of the time, she falls asleep... Hmmm... I must be really exciting when I exercise.
This is my training partner in the morning...
2 comments:
That's awesome...I should do that with my fam too, but my husband needs to gain 10 lbs not lose it...he would look like a skeleton, very Halloween appropriate, lol:)
My family is doing this right now too. We are half way through. It is nice to have a little modivation to work off all that baby weight...that didn't come on at all until I was nursing. Brooklyn is super cute in her little sweatsuit.
Post a Comment