We had a great day on the 4th exploring our new little town. We watched a parade for a few hours, got lots of candy, and saw John McCain. Then we wandered around and I won a dollar because I knew the preamble to the Constitution. Then that night we went to watch fireworks. All in all, a great day.
Looks like you are already in the swing of things. I want to come and visit but I have this feeling that if I leave this town I will break down or go into labor or both. It might have to wait until we buy a new vehicular, hopefully that will be sooner than later. Is it as hot there as it is here?
Here are some things that have helped me (I even have a friend now and we have done some things together). I got a library card and we go to story hour every week (Even though Austen is technically not old enough). We both check out books and in the kids section there is a place to play and there have been other moms. Also we go to some sort of park every morning before it gets to hot and I bought some dirt toys (other kids come and want to play and their parents usually tag along to make sure they don't take the toys without permission). I try not to go to the same park every single day so I can get the feel for the town and different people go to different parks, other moms are there with their kids and I usually get a conversation in with an adult. Also if they have a mall go check it out. The mall here has a little kids play area with a plastic tree slide and plastic toys to jump on which is inclosed and is *air conditioned. During the hot part of the day sometimes I go there (that is where I made my friend and there is usually smaller kids than at the park). I have also heard about splash time at the aquatic center just for little kids and only a dollar a person, I am planning to check that out next week. I am sure that tucson has a bunch more stuff for you and brooklynn than here, finding it is half of the battle though. The best thing for me I would say would be going to parks. I don't know if that will help, hope so. I do really want to visit, I am not going to be able to have my baby here so if I go back to Cedar I'll try to swing by.
2 comments:
Looks like you are already in the swing of things. I want to come and visit but I have this feeling that if I leave this town I will break down or go into labor or both. It might have to wait until we buy a new vehicular, hopefully that will be sooner than later. Is it as hot there as it is here?
Here are some things that have helped me (I even have a friend now and we have done some things together). I got a library card and we go to story hour every week (Even though Austen is technically not old enough). We both check out books and in the kids section there is a place to play and there have been other moms. Also we go to some sort of park every morning before it gets to hot and I bought some dirt toys (other kids come and want to play and their parents usually tag along to make sure they don't take the toys without permission). I try not to go to the same park every single day so I can get the feel for the town and different people go to different parks, other moms are there with their kids and I usually get a conversation in with an adult. Also if they have a mall go check it out. The mall here has a little kids play area with a plastic tree slide and plastic toys to jump on which is inclosed and is *air conditioned. During the hot part of the day sometimes I go there (that is where I made my friend and there is usually smaller kids than at the park). I have also heard about splash time at the aquatic center just for little kids and only a dollar a person, I am planning to check that out next week. I am sure that tucson has a bunch more stuff for you and brooklynn than here, finding it is half of the battle though. The best thing for me I would say would be going to parks. I don't know if that will help, hope so. I do really want to visit, I am not going to be able to have my baby here so if I go back to Cedar I'll try to swing by.
Post a Comment