Brooklyn rarely had her diaper changed in the middle of the night as a newborn because she never pooped at night. She obviously didn't wet them enough to have them changed either. And frankly, possibly because we had so little money, she didn't get her diaper changed too many times during the day either. We weren't neglectful, just frugal. I remember hearing other new parents talking about going through 20+ diapers during the day and well, I may have judged them. Was that you? My sincerest apologies. Because now I have an OCP child (Lydia)-- Obsessive Compulsive Pooper. Now I know what it's like to change 15+ diapers a day, and 5+ diapers a night because they're all poopy.

While I'm at it, I'd like to apologize to all of you that HAD to have a washer and dryer with a newborn. People kept telling me I would HAVE TO HAVE them, but Brooklyn didn't really spit up that much. And so I may have thought you were all overreacting and exaggerating about NEEDING a washer and dryer. Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER grateful we got a washer and dryer before Brooklyn was born, but we would have been fine at the laundromat. Now that I have a projectile vomiter and do a load atleast once a day, I realize the NEED to have a washer and dryer.
There you are, my apologies for judging you.
1 comment:
You're forgiven. It happens to the best of us. Whenever I think something like, "my boys would never throw a fit like that..." the next trip to walmart they give everyone the best show of their lives and then we leave. The boys still screaming and me embarrassed and red faced. And yet I still find myself muttering under my breath quick judgements (that I actually don't even mean to think, human nature I suppose), but then scramble to try and take it back before Karma hears and takes revenge.
Post a Comment