October 30, 2010

We love visitors


As I mentioned, Brooks and Miranda trekked to "Middle of Nowhere, AZ" to visit. We really appreciate them making such a long drive to visit us. We don't get too many visitors nowadays that we don't live on the way to anywhere.

We wowed them with a tour of the town, went swimming, carved pumpkins, beat them in a few games, went shooting, and let them babysit our kids while Tim took me to the clinic for an emergency run. But that story is for later...

Thanks to Miranda's amazing camera, which I secretly (or not so secretly) covet, we have some great candid shots.

Here are some pictures of Brooklyn's favorite hair-do, also courtesy of Miranda's talents. Brooklyn can't sit still for me to comb her hair, but she had no problem sitting for this fancy "do."


And if you ever wanted to see a picture of what Brooks would look like as a miner... (Yes, our park is modeled after the local mine) Here it is:


I kid. Brooks was a great sport hanging out while we did our boring everyday routine. Eat, nap, play. Brooklyn loved having him push her at the park.


We went out shooting the day before they left, which I thought, was a lot of fun. Don't underestimate the importance of your ear protection.


Here are a few more pictures of us shooting. I felt a little like GI-Jane out there... well, when I wasn't holding the wussier of the two guns.





Thanks for coming to visit you guys. We'll take you back ANYTIME.

No comments: