It's finally warmed up here. I'm sure I'll be pining for cooler weather in a few weeks, but for now, we're enjoying the sun.
o
The warmer weather also brought enthusiasm for planting a garden. Everyone has said not to plant until after Easter, but with Easter so late this year, I couldn't wait. We'll see if things frost over in the next few weeks...
We spent a full day prepping the garden box, bringing in a truckload of manure, putting up fencing, and tilling another section for more garden space. Then last Saturday we landscaped and planted. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. We might be overrun with produce (is that ever a bad thing?), but being as we're starting everything from seed, I'm fairly confident everything won't thrive.
List of what we planted:
Rosemary, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley
Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
Carrots
Green Onions
White onions
Peppers
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Pumpkin
Green Beans
Peas
Corn
Zucchini
Squash
Broccoli
Lettuce
Several flower varieties
And a few rogue grapefruit seeds that sprouted inside the grapefruit
I'm hopeful we'll be eating lots of good produce this summer! (Pictures coming soon)
P.S. Here is the latest cake I did. I only had 3 days notice, and I did it while we had family in town visiting, so I'm pleased with how it turned out. If only I could make buttercream as pretty as fondant. Maybe one day...!
No comments:
Post a Comment