What I didn't mention in that last post about Grandma's visit was that we also got lots of snow while she was here.
When we moved in last April, one of our volunteer move-in helpers threw our snow shovel out of the back of the truck while asking, "What the hell is that for?!" (Excuse my language. I just really thought you needed to hear it how I heard it. It really gives more flavor to the comment). So I figured we wouldn't be needing our snow shovel much. But I-- excuse me-- HE, was wrong. We missed the snow in December because we were out of town, but our weather transition from February to March did not disappoint. We woke up Sunday morning to this:
I wish I had taken a picture out front so you could see the sun on the snow. It was BEAUTIFUL. The trees were full of snow, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the roads were covered... it really was the most beautiful snow morning I have ever seen. We got about 5 inches.
So after church, with the snow rapidly melting, we decided we needed to make a snow family.
It's a good thing we did. Because by the next day, they were disappearing and falling over.
3 comments:
Those are the most awesome snowmen ever! (and snow women)
That is one good-looking snow family! and...Good Job Gma with the doll quilt, I might need to have my mom make one for the next time she visits us. Thanks for the idea!!
wow!! I can't believe that is Bagdad!!!! What beautiful snow!!!!! Great pictures!
Post a Comment