Just over a week ago Brooklyn told me that she didn't love me...
Let me back up.
Brooklyn wet her pants and was disciplined. After telling her how disappointed I was, I gave her a hug and told her that I still loved her. Her response, "I don't love you."
I can't lie, it did sting a little (though not as much as I had imagined it would). I probably would have said the same thing if someone stripped me down and put me into the shower too.
Anyways, it made me think-- it gave me a little perspective. How it must hurt Heavenly Father when we tell him that we don't love him. Whether we're actually saying it, or saying it through our actions.
Just a thought...
1 comment:
That's funny because Kassidy just told me she didn't like me too. It made me upset too, probably because we have to love each other, but liking is optional. I don't know, she was over it in a half hour, but it stung a little. I like your analogy of telling our Heavenly Father we don't love Him through our actions. So true.
Post a Comment