So I recently had a birthday, the big 25 in fact. Don't worry, you didn't overlook the facebook announcement. It's not on there. What with identity fraud and such, it's just not.
So anyways, my birthday was great. Tim and the girls made me a delicious cookie cake (my absolute fav), which I managed to finish off pretty much by myself in 2 days (hey, that's the reality of being a stay at home mom). I got some AWESOME cake decor supplies, which I am super excited about, as well as the electronic scrabble tile game, and other great gifts.
Cute huh.
Lest you think I am posting this to showcase an awesome birthday picture of myself like I do for the girls, the one picture of me on here will assure you that this is not the reason for the post. I am actually posting to inform you all that I am de-aging.
No, I have not discovered the fountain of youth, but apparently, I am looking younger and younger.
(And I thought I had escaped those horrid teenage years)
A few months ago we had some stake visitors at our ward. After church they were commenting about how cute the girls were. When I made some comment that apparently claimed the girls as my own, the oldest of the ladies looked shocked and said, "You look like you're 14!"
Though that may sound "compliment-ish" to some of you, I have absolutely NO DESIRE to look like my 14 year old self again. Really, it wasn't a pretty stage in my life. Braces, acne, crazy huge glasses, big hair. Ugh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it. (shout out to you Emily. YOU KNOW.)
Story #2. About two days after this last "compliment," I was at a friend's house visiting. The doorbell rang while she was on the phone so I went to answer it for her. The man standing there didn't say anything, and I pegged him as an out-of-towner, so I just said, "Hi. I don't live here." He just stood there (obviously not concerned that I might be robbing the place since I already confessed to not living there), and then what seemed like a lifetime later said, "Um, is your mom home?"
Sorry buddy. My mom lives thousands of miles away. But yes, she probably is at home. There. Not here. And P.S.- I'm married and have two kids.
Story #3. A few weeks later I was out walking with the girls in the double stroller. Two middle-aged men yelled to me asking if I was a babysitter (It seems that they were in the market for one). I replied no, that I wasn't, and didn't want to be, that I was busy enough with my own. "Those are YOUR kids?!"
Yes, they are. Sorry if my sweaty and shapeless bod (thank you sports bra, super helpful), pulled back hair, rampant acne, and lack of makeup make me look like I am, again, just 14 years old. Ah, what can you do?
What's my secret? Beats me. But if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong so I can pass for AT LEAST 20, that would be great. I'm tired of getting carded for trying to drive a car.
Just kidding, about the carding.
So this is where all of you comment about how I should relish these "compliments" about looking so young, and that one day, I'll wish I were still getting them. Yes. I will. One day. When I'm 50 and people think I'm 30. That's how it works right?
Mental note: remember to shower and do hair BEFORE birthday picture next year-- when I turn 13.
1 comment:
You know, you really should relish these compliments about looking so young, and one day, you'll wish you were still getting them.
:) haha
My husband gets that, actually. When we moved down here some of the young women asked to be introduced to the new Priest in ward choir. Yeah, he was 26 and had two children at that point. People are still shocked when they find out he has children. I, standing next to him, get no such comment. Rude. ;)
Post a Comment