Like I said, two weeks after our last trip, we headed up to southern Utah again and we crammed as many things as possible into our trip!
First, we were lucky enough to be able to leave the girls with Aunt TraceCe and Co. for a night so Tim and I could go up to Park City. We stayed at Club Lespri, courtesy of TraceCe and Lamond, which is the most beautiful and fantastic resort/hotel/spa ever. The beds... I mean talk about sinking into a mound of feathery goodness. It was fun spending time with Tim, but because we happened to be up there the same day as Tana and Ben, we got to hang out with them too! We spent the afternoon relaxing and then we went to the Olympic Park area where we were able to watch some of the kids doing practice ski jumps into a pool. Very cool. We also bought tickets for the Alpine Slide, which was SO WORTH THE MONEY. It was awesome. I only feel bad because I asked Tim to go behind me in case I fell off, and I only ended up slowing him completely down. You should have plenty of time to get down the slide without someone catching up to you... except I didn't. Apparently I'm not much fun or daring anymore. Oops. Look what having kids has done to me...
Then Tana and Ben were nice enough to let us tag along on their anniversary dinner. And what a dinner it was. DELISH.
The next morning we headed off to the Outlet stores, with cash in hand. We were ready to spend it all. Too bad the prices were RIDICULOUS, and I couldn't spend any of it. Blah. So we headed back to our kids.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing with TraceCe's family, and the next morning got things ready to head north so we could go through the temple with our beautiful niece, Stephanie. It was awesome, of course.
After several more hours of driving, we made it back to southern Utah just in time to get some sleep before more driving to church in the morning. This is really why we went up there in the first place: to be in the temple with Stephanie, and to go to Tana's baby's blessing on Sunday. The blessing too was wonderful.
And then... any guesses? Yes, more driving. Lots and lots of driving this trip was. BUT, it was worth it. It was great seeing everyone again, especially Ben, who spent the last year in Afghanistan, and Stephanie in the temple. The time with Tim in Park City was just a bonus.
And if that all wasn't enough. We brought home another family member. THIS is Silly.
I'm not sure I ever thought I'd have a cat, but here we are. This is one of the baby kittens that didn't have her eyes open two weeks earlier. We forced weaning, and were worried about her learning to eat on her own, but she has surprised us and survived. What is more surprising is that she has survived Lydia's torments. You could say she's not super gentle with Silly. We'll see how long she's around...
3 comments:
Gorgeous picture of you! Enjoy the cat! Maybe she'll grow up and eat all those scorpions and spiders you keep finding! haha ;)
sounds like a packed trip! Those are so fun. I can't believe you have a kitten. That will be a blast for the girls. You're braver than I am.
You guys are always up to something fun and exciting. I'm jealous! Excluding the cat part... I can (and will) do without pets.
Post a Comment